We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 5 June 2017

#190 For a Special Man/Boy or Father’s Day

Margaret is hosting our challenge today, and the theme is For a Special Man/Boy or Father's Day.

As usual anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, some home decor, as long as it follows either of our masculine themes.

Please remember our 15 total challenge rule!

Some inspiration from our fabulous DT

Margaret
This is my first 'host' post and, although I know a lot of crafters don't enjoy making 'man' cards, I really do.  I have to make quite a few during the year so that's probably a good thing .. LOL!!  For this card I chose to use a double fold card with a tied down tag.  The papers are from Kaisercraft and, in addition to the tag, I have added a flair, some washi tape and a metal trinket which was cut in half.  This card was made for a very close friend's birthday.

Josephine
A fairly simple card for my husband's birthday. I've used a stamp from Crafty Individuals which I coloured with Promarkers. I've matted using a Spellbinder's die, threaded that with some Perle cotton and backed it with some Papermania paper from the Persimmon collection.

Judy

I made this card for a very good friend of ours birthday. I used a stencil by Stampendous for the background along with an element and birthday die by Tim Holtz. The sailing ship is a stamp from my collection that at this moment I can not remember the makers name. To complete the card I added a couple of ship dies.

Mary

I used several sheets from Hunkydory's Little Book of Sports and Games to decoupage the image of bikers and matted and layered it into various pieces of coloured card.

June

I embossed a piece of white card a little smaller than the 8" base card, and embossed it with a Crafter's Companion Embossing Folder. I used several Distress Inks to colour the rays of the card then matted it onto a black mat, I added 4 brads and adhered to the base card. I stamped and die cut the sentiment, added mounting foam and attached it to the card. I made this card for our 9 year old grandson to give to his dad.

Angela

Hi all. I've made this card for a friend who gave me a whole load of his old car Tax Discs which I made into a collage style Masterboard. Covered this with stencilling, spraying and text stamping then completed it with a sentiment and the Tim Holtz Vintage Auto stamps. Happy crafting, Angela x

Glenda

This card is for a grandson. I was trying for the masculine look so used browns, greens and a bit of burlap. A birdhouse , a leaf and a sentiment completed the card.

Marlene

I have used an image from Digi Stamp Boutique and made a BBQ scene.

Agnieszka chanya13

This time I made a card for a little boy, with lot of layers and clouds. Sentiment: Today is your birthday.

Peggy

This card will probably go to my son. Background paper is kraft paper with gold foiling. Embellishments and sentiment from Anna Griffin's "For Him" line.

Maike

I have used a few images from a Mama Elephant set and paired them with a sentiment by W Plus 9.
CCM Blog Signature

3 comments:

  1. Adorable and wonderful cards by the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration from the design team.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant work by the DT and a big thanks for your great challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.