We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 12 January 2015

#130 Something Old, Something New

Welcome to our first post of 2015. Before we get down to the theme, I would like to announce the new team members from our recent DT call. Thank you to all who applied, sorry if I didn't have space for all of you.

Lorraine
I started crafting approx 10 years ago when I was on long term sick leave from work, once I was retired early craft became my life line,  I started off with decoupage but quickly moved onto rubber stamping and now digital images, I have an abundance of both.  I love to colour and create cards for both friends and family.  I have made so many crafting friends through my blog and entering craft challenges of different kinds.  I have been honoured and blessed to have worked on many DT over the years which has added to my confidence and creativity. 

Marlene
Marlene
I am happily married to David and Grandma to three boys.  I started card making in January, 2010 when my husband was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. This was an awful time for us.  He has fully recovered and is back to work full time.
Card making has helped me to keep sane and helped me to relax.  Since then I have become addicted to making cards.  I enjoy using stamped images and digi stamps, which I love to colour.  My interests are card making, reading, walking and cycling.

Mary
Mary

 
I am a former mathematics teacher who has always been interested in craftwork of one form or another. Since retiring four years ago I started making cards for family, friends (mainly those of my 19 year old daughter!) and neighbours. Eighteen months ago I started my own blog.

Rebecca

Hi my name is Rebecca and I live in Melbourne, Victoria in Australia.   I am a busy mum of 5 and also work part time but in my spare time I love to play with paper!  I have been crafting for about 8 years and have also previously worked and taught in a scrapbooking store.  As you can imagine my stash is rather huge because of that!  My main love is cardmaking but I also like to do Project Life.  I look forward to sharing my creations with you and seeing all your amazing works.


Sue

 
Hi, I'm Sue and I have been making cards for about 7 years or so now.  I really got into it when I discovered copics about four years ago, and got totally hooked!  I am now the owner of a huge paper collection, and more images and dies than is probably healthy!  I tend to make quite busy cards with lots of detail, but love more simple designs too.  I'm the mum of two boys (12 and 7) and work as a planner for a manufacturing company, and my creative time is my way of relaxing after a busy day.  I'm very excited to join the Crafty Cardmakers DT and am looking forward to lots of new challenges along the way.


I'm sure the girls would be thrilled if you stopped by their blogs and said hello!

So down to business, as we have just said goodbye to 2014,and 2015 is in it's infancy, our hostess, Leslie, would like to see your creations incorporating something old and something new. This could be old stash and new stash combined, or perhaps an old technique and a new one.

This is how the team interpreted the theme:

Leslie
I created a wintery snowy forest for my Winter Wishes Note Card. In addition to my old stash of cardstock, winter tree stamp and inks, I used old techniques of inking, masking and 1st/2nd generation stamping. I used a relatively new sentiment stamp along with a new technique of embossing the entire front panel with glittery embossing powder to create the look of shimmering snow in the moonlight.

Vania

I covered one notebook with design paper and added some decorations. For those little white shining circles in the corners I used one of my favourite technique - mask, paste and glitter. The new here are brads on flowers. Hope you like it :)

Pamellia
I decided to start my stash of Christmas cards for next year a little bit early! For my OLD, I used an old Artistic Outpost stamp set and an old Cheery Lynn die to make my pine branch. For my NEW, I used a new gold button from a mixed bag I got for Christmas, a new Darice embossing folder and a new adhesive sealer to protect the painted background. Hope you enjoy and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

Carole

I made an A5 card with my NEW items - HOTP feather stamps and die (free with magazines), Darice Seafoam White Embossing Powder and my Bow Maker. My OLD items are the Versamark Dazzle Ink Pad I stamped the feathers with, and the Heat It Up Clear Embossing Powder.

Lin

My something old is my pearls, which I have had for a couple of years now and my something new is the lovely Stamping Bella Abigail the Artist stamp. Please see my blog for details.

Mary

I used an old stamp which I coloured using new water colour pencils. The circular dies I used were also old but the floral pieces on the edge were die cut using new Tattered Lace dies.

IMG_0640
I inked up this stamp finally I've had for a while but never used so that is my new. Everything else is an assortment from my stash to make up the old.
 
I've got some old, new and in between techniques here! The old is rubber stamping - one of the first things I tried when I got into papercrafting. The 'in between' is colouring with pencils, and the new is the crochet border. I'm still limited to very simple crochet, but I'm going to keep practising!
Papers and image I have had a while and the flowers are new
For my new elements I have used a new digi stamp and set of papers. For my old elements I have used some old, almost dried up paper clay to make the flowers and some lace and gems from my stash.
 http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TczhvHtSpDU/VLG50w8tYcI/AAAAAAAACuM/kXH7pk_Gs-8/s1600/2014-11-05%2B12.00.01-1.jpg
My old element was the style/design of the card, and the items I used from my serif digi kit that I have had for some time.  The new element was the luscious gold ribbon I just bought in a sale.

Lorraine
For my card I have used one of my new Ching-Chou Kuik Digi Images, also the red doily and sentiment, the rest of my elements have been in my stash for quite some time.

For my card I have used a very old technique, spritzing and painting with tea and coffee, some old Artemio stamps and a brand new stamp from Woodware designed by my good friend Jane Gill. Details and more samples on my blog.

Sue 
For my card I used a good mix of old and new stash, the papers are new, as is the bunch of keys charm, the lace and the cream pin.  The  ticket behind the image is technically old, but it seemed remarkably clean, so have a suspicion it has never been used before!  The rest of the items are from my stash!
 
We hope we have inspired you and look forward to visiting your blogs.
 
 
LIN W
 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to all of the new designers and thanks for all of the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely inspiration from the DT and welcome to the new DT members.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello...I am newest follower to the blog...beautiful inspirations From all DT ...I need a help...not able to link up my entry...as Linky tool is saying " your link already exists" . Pls help me out with this..:)
    Here is my blog post link - http://allbyheart.blogspot.in/2015/01/happy-anniversary-criss-cross-magic-card.html
    And my mail I'd - don.vijju@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the new designers! Fun challenge! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.