We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 2 November 2009

Challenge 6 - Autumn

Winners of Challenge 5

We'd just like to say a huge thank you for all your ribbon entries, the biggest challenge so far and such a wonderful array of designs. Also happy to see some scrapbook layouts and bags there too! Well Done all of you and thank you for joining us!
Thanks also to Pauline for being our special guest designer!

We had 47 entries, thank you! so without further ado random.org has picked out number 45 which is Mandy! Mandy please email me your address so I can forward it to Joanna for your prize!


Our top 3 pics this challenge in no particular order are (And by god this was tough tough tough!)





Well Done ladies and everyone for your entries! Please grab your top 3 blinkie in the sidebar x

***************************************



A quick note from our friend Shell over at Challenge Addict. Shell is collecting cards for our troops in Afghanistan to send back home to their loved ones so if you have any spare particularly xmas cards pop over to Shells blog for details.




***********************************



A quick word about our sponsors for this challenge who are once again La Pashe and Cardmaking with Imag-e-nation. They have just released more of their Christmas Flippin range including a gorrrrgeous Angel Gabriel. Pop over to their site to have a look at their newest designs. They also have FREE P&P on UK orders (over £5)









**********************************************


CHALLENGE 6



Onto our 6th challenge which is AUTUMN. Our challenge is to create something reminiscent of autumn; colours, twines, leaves. Easy peesy! Also if you look around there are lots of other challenges doing this theme right now so you might be able to enter into more than one challenge. There is a list of challenge blogs with rules here


Please paste a link to your entries into the comments box below Kimmi's card by Noon GMT Monday 2nd November.



Our prize this time is a selection of designs by La Pashe including Christmas, men and transport. Thanks once again to our sponsors!

Here's what our design team have created for you!






The background is gridwork. The green areas and some of the orange areas are 3D pieces which were coloured and then run through the Cuttlebug (Birds and Swirls folder and Twigs folder). I masked off sections of the grid and sponged with Distress Inks in Old Paper, Shabby Shutters, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. I then stamped in the same colours (using stamps from a SeeD's Set - Leaves and Clear Choice 20 Leaf Decor stamps). After I'd stuck down the 3D sections I went round the grid with a Whispers black pen and matted the piece on black card. The central topper was made by sponging Mustard Seed and Shabby Shutters on a piece of card, stamping the Joanna Sheen Mushrooms in Saddle Brown StazOn and then the SeeD's leaves in Spiced Marmalade, adding a leaf brad and matting and layering on black and cream card. All was then mounted onto an orange card blank.






DL Card for base. Image from Joanna Sheen Oriental CD, Flower soft on the image, gold and burgundy paper from stash, burnt orange card from stash, stamp - friends make life blossom - aspects of design, peel offs some coloured with peel off pens.



Joy



I started with a plain square white card then added a pale yellow background, added two photo's, one showing ferns and autumn leaves & the other the wild rose bush in our back garden with its red hips, I then added a horse chestnut leaf which was taken from a photograph, and finally put on the 'best wishes' sentiment.





I coloured a wonderful piccie of a scarecrow, in warm autumn colours and then masked him off and sponged on greens, reds and oranges around him. I glittered up some orange and red dots and stuck them on top just for something in the background really, and made a little sticker saying the fall. Thank you for looking everyone and enjoy this nice warm challenge, look forward to seeing all your entrys on your blogs. Judie xx



I started with a black square card and layered the four different patterned papers. I stamped image and coloured in with pencils (pro markers are on my Christmas list for Santa !!). I put the image on the top with a glue roller. The card looked a little plain so I added the leaves on 3d foam. Quick and easy card to make.





I've used a new Victoria Case stamp, coloured with promarkers and some little touches of white highlighter. The paper is Bo Bunny, with DCWV cardstock and some ivory pearlised card. The flowers are cut from the same paper using a x-cut punch, with flat-back pearl centres. The swirl was made with flat-back pearls, following a Bazzill template, and the sentiment is computer generated.




Mandy


I love Autumn, it is my most favourite season. I love the warmth of the sun on a crisp morning and the beautiful colours of the leaves on the trees.
The starting point for this card was a paper piecing pattern I found on a challenge blog called 365 Cards. You can use the pattern to make a traditional carved pumpkin for Halloween but I wanted to make it more like a Harvest festival idea. I printed the pattern onto thin card and coloured it with various shades of Promarkers adding stripes and lines to create depth and shadows. I used 3d foam pads to raise the design off the backing and also raise the leaf.

The backing papers are from a HOTP Creative Cardmakers pack. The glittered chipboard shapes are from my long forgotten stash and the sentiment is a digital scrapbooking freebie I picked up recently from a blog.





I made a birthday card for Fall. I used a stamp set from Unity Stamps called Autumn Pals. So cute and kind of primitive. I colored my images with Prismacolor Markers and cut everything out



Vix





I'm into gatefolds at the moment! Front is starburst stains & cuttlebug divine swirls. Flower is a lollipop flower which is just torn paper. Inside I used some old mulberry paper I dyed with starburst stains for the background and debossed the divine swirls. Stamp is Rian by Elisabeth Bell coloured with promarkers. To give a sense of depth around the edge I stamped a stampscapes oak tree branch firstly in versamagic aloe vera going quite far into the image then next stamped in Hint of Pesto which is darker but not stamping as far in then lastly brilliance coffee bean around the edges. Leaves & flowers are all punched out of scrap dyed paper.

Now may I have the pleasure of introducing our special guest designer, Kimmi from Poppy Petal Designs. Kimmi owns a very brilliant challenge blog called Stampin' for the weekend. She is also on the Design Team of Bearly Mine Designs, has also guested at La la land crafts, Copics colour challenge and now here! Thank You Kimmi!




SPECIAL GUEST DESIGNER - KIMMI - POPPY PETAL CRAFTS


For my card I used a Magnolia Fall '07 stamp which is just the ticket for an autumn themed card. Papers are form Bearly Mine Designs - Designer Extreme Vol. III which are just beautiful, layered with Papermania Textured Card. The skeleton leaves and flowers are from my stash, the bottom flower was originally pink, but I coloured it with my Copics. The roses came on stalks, so I took two stalks, wrapped em around my watercolour brush and popped em underneith the flowers with some tacky glue. Added three buttons from Foof-A-La - Bag of Buttons called Bella.

38 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful work Design Team ladies! I love all the Autumn cards you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have all done brilliantly - well done ladies, very impressed - Judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge and beautiful DT works!!

    Here is my box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab DT cards.

    My entry is here
    Thanks for looking
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely cards again DT, we are being very creative. Love seeing all of them together. Well done. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab challenge great inspiration from DT cards.

    Here’s my entry
    thanks judex

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely challenge and what lovely DT cards.

    Here is my card for this challenge

    Best wishes

    Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely examples! Here's mine.

    Many thanks for the 'top three' vote from last time. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects
    Here's my card


    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I love autumn colours so my card is here thanks for looking, and thanks for a great challenge, and the DT did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards ladies I wish I was as talented
    here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous autumn cards ladies. I have never done one before and you can find my entry HERE.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge, fab DT cards, here's my card
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great challenge, my fave time of year. Super DT cards, you'll find my card Here TFL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Challenge, I love Halloween and Fall.
    Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely challenge and what lovely DT cards.

    Here is my card for this challenge

    Best wishes

    Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the autumn challenge!

    here is my layout:

    http://lamaisondepapier.blogspot.com/2009/10/falling-leaves.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Challenge and all the cards are fabby
    You can view my entry Here
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great challenge and fab DT work !!!
    You can find mine here.

    Thanks for looking,

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  21. great cards by the dt's.
    here is my card http://cardwithd.blogspot.com/2009/10/home-sick.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great challenge and fab DT cards Here is my entry
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. fabulous ladies!

    here's mine
    ... Joyful Stamper: Autumn Shy Bear

    thanks for looking!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved this challenge. I hope this time it goes to my card not sure what I did.

    Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  25. brilliant cards everyone, well done to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, here goes! I have only had my blog one day, and this is my very first blog challenge.

    Please, please be extremely gentle with me as I am a bit of a techno-wimp!

    Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi great dt cards hope you like mine this is what i love about this time of year . you can find my card HERE

    ReplyDelete
  28. THIS TIME I DID MINI ALBUM FOR FALL CHALLENGE
    HERE IS MY MINI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.